Why do I need to get my boiler serviced?
When it comes to your boiler, getting it checked regularly is vital, especially in the winter months. Having your boiler serviced by a professional heating engineer, provides peace of mind as they’ll make sure that it’s working safely and efficiently, as well as detect any possible issues or potential problems that may stop it working properly. Boiler breakdowns can’t be anticipated, but by having an annual boiler service, you can rest assured that your boiler system is in working order.
For more information, take a look at our boiler service checklist.
One of the top requirements reasons when it comes to getting your boiler serviced is to make sure that it’s safe. Having a poorly maintained or faulty boilers could bring serious health risks to you and your family as they can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, which is extremely dangerous.
Boiler systems will go through a series of checks which will determine if the boiler is working to its maximum efficiency. A competent boiler system will run smoothly and the more efficient it runs, the better value for money system.
A lot of customers notice a decrease in their energy bills after having their boiler serviced. Well running boilers deter hidden costs which can occur from faults and deficiencies.
When’s the best time to book a boiler service?
At Solutions Plumbing and Heating we recommend that you book your boiler service in before the winter months. Having a boiler breakdown in the colder weather isn’t ideal and can be an big inconvenience for all the family, so we encourage you book in for your service as soon as possible!
What happens during the boiler service…
- Our engineers will inspect your boiler and the controls, making sure they are working safely
- We’ll also check for corrosion and leaks
- The boiler casing will be removed and the system will be checked to see if the main components are functioning
- The gas pressure will be checked to make sure that the boiler is operating at the correct gas pressure
- A flue test will make sure that no unsafe emissions are being released from the boiler
- The boiler’s parts will be cleaned as required
- The boiler will be put back together and properly sealed
- The engineer will leave a checklist with you which will include all of the relevant information needed about the safety of your system
How long will the boiler service take?
A boiler service can take from as little as 30 minutes to well over an hour, it all depends on the type of boiler system and whether any work needs to be carried out.
How much does a boiler service cost?
Should you choose Heat-Tec to carry out your boiler service, we currently have a range of brilliant special deals and offers. To book or for more information on our boiler services, simply contact our team today who will be more than happy to help!
What if I need a replacement boiler?
Not to worry, at Heat-Tec we provide a full boiler replacement service, our team of experts can install a brand new boiler system in your home. You can call a member of our team for a free new boiler quote. Another popular option is boiler financing, you can receive a brand new boiler, but spread the cost to make it more affordable for you.
For more information on our boiler servicing, contact our team today!